The 8th episode of Jon Favreau and Roy Choi’s The Chef Show is all about nostalgia, as the duo recreate the recipes featured in Favreau’s 2014 film Chef. The food in the film looked delicious and it will be fascinating to see how it’s all made (guiltyeats.com).
• 1 c each raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries
• ½ c of sugar
• Handful of fresh mint leaves, julienned
• 2 tbl Grand Marnier
• 2 c white sugar
• 1 c heavy whipping cream
• ¼ c powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, sprinkle ½ cup of sugar over all berries and let sit for an hour or so.
2. Make Caramel Dust:
• Line a rimmed baking sheet with Silpat or coat with cooking spray
• Bring to boil sugar over medium heat
• Swirl (don’t stir) in pan over high heat until sugar is dissolved, then cook til a caramel color, being careful not to burn
• Pour onto prepared baking sheet to harden (~1hr) then break into shards
• Put in a food processor and pulse til finely ground, then run through a sieve to make dust
3. Whip cream to medium peaks with powdered sugar.
4. Fold in mint and two tablespoons of Grand Marnier to berries.
5. Place berries in a serving bowl, top with cream and dust to finish!