There is a very sensuous scene in the movie "Chef" where Jon Favreau makes a simple but gorgeous pasta dish for Scarlett Johansson. This is that dish!
• 1 lb dried spaghetti
• 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 12 large garlic cloves, thin slivers
• 1 tbl crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
• 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
• Sea salt
• Ground black pepper
• 2 lemons
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the spaghetti, cooking until al dente 8-10 minutes.
2. Reserve some pasta water, then drain pasta.
3. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
4. Add garlic and stir frequently until the garlic is golden brown.
5. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
6. Add the drained spaghetti directly to the pan.
7. Toss until spaghetti is thoroughly coated with the garlic oil (add reserved pasta water if necessary).
8. Remove pan from heat. Add the parsley, Parmesan and toss well.
9. Check for flavor and adjust the salt if necessary.
10. Squeeze lemons to taste, garnish with more Parmesan, and enjoy!