After watching the “The Chef Show”, you’re going to want to eat a Cubano sandwich. Here’s how real chef Roy Choi made them for the Netflix show.
• ¾ lb thinly sliced Roast Mojo Pork
• Six 6-inch-long soft Cuban baguettes or heros, split lengthwise
• Softened butter, for brushing
• 6 oz thinly sliced grilled ham
• ½ lb thinly sliced Swiss cheese
• 3 half-sour dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
• Yellow mustard, for brushing
1. Let pork rest until cool enough to handle.
2. Thinly slice, then grill.
3. Cut baguettes approximately 9" long.
4. Butter inside of baguette or roll and then toast until golden brown.
5. From bottom up, layer:
• Swiss cheese
6. Slather mustard from edge to edge on top bun. Close sandwich.
7. Generously brush melted butter on top of bread.
8. Butter heated plancha and press until golden brown!